British Billionaire, and Forex trader Mr Joseph Lewis who now lives in the Bahamas, has established a trust known as the AA Trust which has a holding entitling him now to 19.9% of the vote, in Australian Agricultural Company.
Mr Lewis the principal investor in the International corporation Tavistock Limited, sprang to frame in 1992 when he joined with George Soros to make a most profitable assault on the value of the English Pound.
AACo has just concluded a successful non-renounceable rights issue at $1 /share, to raise capital for expansion of its Australian beef business.
The Australian agricultural sector has been in the limelight of late with :
- A bid for Graincorp by US agricultural giant Archer, Daniels, Midland, that is awaiting approval from Treasurer Joe Hockey – to be announced by December 17, 2013.
- Rejected bids by Bega Cheese, Murray Goulbourn, and Canada’s Saputo, for Warrnambool Cheese & Butter. in just 6 weeks WCB’s share-price has jumped from $4.50 to $7.89 at close this week.
- Builder returns to Top End abattoir site (abc.net.au)
- Hockey sets judgment date for GrainCorp bid (sbs.com.au)
- Aus biggest beef producer to raise $299m (news.theage.com.au)
- NZ company signed to build Darwin killing floor (abc.net.au)
Categories: Business, Investment
Leave a Reply